Tuesday, February 7, 2012

BP #9 - Final Reflection on HeLa

    Being retroactively compensated is not meaningful when my tissue has significantly benefited on science and research. In my opinion, I should be proud for it at that time. First, everyone has the responsibility for the social development. The beneficial from my tissue is big advancing on our society even the whole world. People can get help from its researching result, such like vaccine, which help people reduce the chance to get disease. Second, when my tissue was removed from my bodies, it just be litter for me because it can be used for me anymore. My tissue can be used on science and research that is an extra bonus for me why I need to get another one. As below reasons, I will not to choose to be retroactively compensated. Instead, I enjoy the extra bonus for me.

   I think that the right to control my own tissue is more important than contributing to science and research for the greater good of humanity. First, my mood will be affected by its result because I don't know whether my tissue is useful for science researches. If they didn't have benefit on them, I will be depressed. If they can have one, it will be proud. Second, I was worried about my life that will be affected on today's society, which the news can be spread everywhere and people can find out who you are or where you are, and so on. Hence, I would like to control my own tissue. But, in an emergency conduction, I will stand out when my tissue can be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment